Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A New Leaf

I find it interesting to think that I am 'turning over a new leaf' on a day that is snowy. But after a long chat last night, that has been on-again off-again, with my hubs about him preparing himself for a job-change, I decided it has to start with me. 




He's going to go to school. This isn't going back to school it is just plain ol' going to school. He has no official degree. He has certificates and licenses. One of which I'm extremely proud of him for achieving. On the wall above our desktop computer desk hang three frames. Two are pictures he took of nature that are beautiful. The third is his North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, certifying that he has passed an incredibly challenging test that we both heard made most engineers with college degrees frustrated and they had to take it again and again. He took it once, and passed. On his way out, while the girls and I waited in a rented RV (this was an awesome trip by the way!), he spoke with a few others that took the same test. They were afraid that they didn't pass. He was not. He was confident that he knew the answers, that he did his best, and it felt so good!! 

So today, as I have actively chosen to make it easier for him to accomplish a goal, I also have embarked on a journey of discovery, and goal achieving. I will write. I will bring joy and laughter to others around me. While I provide my husband and children with a clean happy home. 

I will also read, and review, and blog. It might be at a snail's pace at first, as I negotiate these uncharted waters. But I will. For my family. For me. For us.

pics by Brianna Farr Taylor

No comments: